Eating raw isn’t easy, but these things make it a lot easier for me. As long as I have the things on this list I feel my raw day goes smooth… They seem to help control my urges to break my good eating habits. Finding staples and favorites are a big part of any lifestyle change. Knowing what works well with your lifestyle and your body is a great way to start. Your favorite things are what you have to look forward to every day. These things change over time. So I am constantly updating my list. In the comments below tell me 3 things you use must have during these sessions.
1. SALAD: I eat a salad every day. Raw leafy greens have a number of benefits. Romaine lettuce particularly is made up of 20% protein. Salads are low in fat, promote good heart health, and they are pretty tasty.
2. AVOCADO: Aside from being extremely tasty avocados are super healthy. Here are some astonishing facts about avocado. They have more potassium than bananas. Eating an avocado is the same as taking a multivitamin. See what I mean:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA (of the recommended daily average)
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
3. ONIONS: I have to have my onions. This is a new addiction for me. The thing is they have to be fully matured and from the farmers market. I like to eat them on salads. Raw onion encourages the production of good cholesterol (HDL), heal infections, and reduce the risk of ulcers. Rumor has it onion juice will help stop the pain from an actual bee sting.
4. SMOOTHIE: I have a smoothie every single day. Unlike many health nuts my smoothies are not green. Smoothies are good because they are full of fiber. In place of sweeteners I actually just use ripe fruit. These make the perfect snack or dessert. I eat and drink my greens. This is all pleasure.
[amazon asin=B007TIE0GQ&template=iframe image]
5. GREEN JUICE . I can’t speak enough about drinking your greens. This is my source of energy and healing. My favorite recipe: collard greens, kale, ginger, cucumber, and broccoli. Green juice hits the blood system fast and it feels good.